Boats are built to sail in the water. this is their arena. They're not built to encounter hard solid structures such as rocks, concrete, or other boats.
Getting close to these hazards requires you to be more careful especially when in anchorage, one of the most important things you need to be certain with is your anchor, your anchor should be 100% reliable to hold you in place with fast setting and firm holding in any weather and conditions, keeping you in a safe distance from any hazard.
There is no one perfect anchor and we do not claim our anchor is perfect - we do claim it to have a reduced number of compromises that need to be accepted.
Fortress and Danforth excel in thin soupy muds but fail in weed and stony anchorages. The new generation of anchors: Rocna, Ultra, Spade, etc work well in thin weed but fail in soupy mud. Some roll bar anchors clog their flukes. Many anchors fail in very hard seabeds, Mantus is said to be successful - but is very ordinary in more common seabeds with a very low hold.
We have designed an anchor that will perform in a greater range of seabeds from mud to weed, hard seabeds to good clean sand.
So why our Anchors are better?
- Weight-our anchors have the most efficient weight/holding power ratio for steel anchors. you will be amazed while looking at our anchor/boat usage tables here to find how light your anchor can be for your size of boat.
- Initial setting - our anchors have the likelihood to set in the most challenging bottoms – hard-packed clay/mud and grassy/weedy areas. Even packed gravel.
- Holding - our anchors are with the best holding power you can find relative to their size and weight, meaning that you can use a lighter anchor to achieve the same or more holding for your boat.
- Resetting - our anchors reset immediately with a new puling direction in case of wind or current change.
- Retrieval - Viking anchors are easy to retrieve due to their lightweight, the anchor will arrive at your roll bar perfectly aligned, never upside down, and will be maneuvered easily even when if they are stuck with your neighbor's boat chain.
- Easy to store when not in use - taking apart the Viking anchor will take you 5 minutes and while stowed away, the anchor will take minimal storage space.
- Our lifetime unconditioned warranty.
Viking anchors are so easy to handle with or without windlass making them a perfect choice for Single-handed blue water sailors.